Monday, March 9, 2009

Hotties, Houses, Smarty-backwards pants and Nakies!!

We have been working on the house for the past month or so. It has taken so long to finish though. Now we are drywalling. Luckily we have had so many people come and help. Gotta love small town communities eh?


The best part of it all is that I get to use power tools. I love LOVE using the screw gun and the saw. I haven't been able to use them as much as I would like because we have people there to help every day and want them to have what they need to use to do whatever it is they are working on. Once they don't need it I find what I can do to use the power tools. :D


This is a pic of Andrew up in the rafters putting up the canned lights. He is upstairs in the boys rooms. It has been a lot of fun doing this by ourselves (well mostly Andrew but I do what I can) I have learned so much from it. I can't wait until the house is finished. It will be so nice to go from a single wide trailer to a nice house that has been built right!



Here is a pic of Aussie this morning AFTER he had already had breakfast. I heard something falling out and being smashed. I came in to find out what he had done when he looked up at me and said. "Mom. The letter of the day is A... like Aussie) How can I get mad at the box of cereal dumped out when he was so creative in


doing so? I just laughed and told him to wait so I could grab my phone. This was the best smile I could get out of him. He is in that phase where he scrunches his noes and squints his eyes when asked to smile. So the fact that his eyes are open is a big deal... I guess we just get the opened mouth with it. lol!

It's official. Doodah is potty training. Somebody help me!! He wants to be a big boy like his older brother and wear undies, so we are in the process of potty training. This next shot is a typical morning here at the Shick home. Aussie is 100% independent when it comes to going to the bathroom. That means he puts his own undies and pants back on when he is done. He doesn't care if they are backwards or not :)

Camden has been waking up with a dry diaper most mornings so he runs around nakey until he goes potty in the toilet. Here they are leaving the bathroom. Aus is pushing a tractor, back-wards pants and all. While Doodah toddles along waiting his turn to push. Ahhh how I love my life! These boys make me laugh!! Oh and I totally love my big boy too!! I think he is hot stuff! ;) Why do you think these two are so adorable?

2 comments:

Alida B. said...

I LOVE it when you blog! It always makes me smile and smile (and laugh). I seriuosly wish you bought that little farm house closer to ummm...KANSAS! We'd have a crazy good time.

P.S. Your word verification is AUTHY...kinda like AUSSIE but not really...loL!

Anonymous said...

Why does he have a shirt and no pants? And why do you put it up here? You wanna embarrass him in the future I mean humiliate him?