Wednesday, June 11, 2008

A new first for me

I guess there is a first for everything right? Well I had my first car accident yesterday! I have never been in a car accident before and to make it worse it was MY FAULT!!! We were in the interstate in rush hour traffic. It was stop and go and at this particular point in time everyone hit the gas and went faster than they had before and then all of a sudden slammed on the breaks. I didn't have time to stop before I hit the car in front of me, which hit the car in front of him. Since I was the one in the back I got cited for it. BUT the guy behind me was seriously an inch away from hitting me! DANG IT!! lol...
Anyhow, there wasn't much damage done to anyones car. My car had the least amount of damage. You could hardly tell it was even in an accident. The other guys had minor bumper damage. So it really wasn't a big deal at all.
Andrew came down and met me there and told the guys we would just pay to fix their bumpers rather than let it go through our insurance and pay the deductable and then a higher premium on top of that. They were cool with doing it that way.
Luckily it was just me in the car. I had someone watching the kids. I think that is what I was thankful for the most.
I think I did pretty good going 27 years without having an accident. Lets just hope my luck continues and I dont have any for at least another 27 years!

4 comments:

Jenn said...

Wrecks SUCK! I am sorry you got into one yesterday. I once got rear ended TWICE in one day (about 30 minutes apart). Then I got rear ended again about 6-weeks after that. i was so mad. All three times I was innocently sitting STOPPED at a stoplight when somebody slammed into me. GRRRR.

Alida B. said...

Oh eek! I'm glad it was just a minor fender bender and that everything is ok. BTW, where have you been? I've been needing to tell you something and you haven't been on messenger this week

Our crazy Crew said...

Not fun, I'm glad you're alright and there wasn't to much damage.

Mandi@TidbitsfromtheTremaynes said...

That sucks, dude. Not a fun first to have. I'm glad that nothing really bad happened!