Monday, August 13, 2007

First Date

We had planned on going on a date on Friday night. We were even going to go with another couple. It was going to be SO MUCH FUN!! I didnt have to cook dinner or anything. It was our first date without kids in a LONG time. I was so excited. I even had two girls lined up to watch the boys (they can be a handfull sometimes so I wanted one per kid. They are in my beehive class). So I was getting ready and was taking my time trying to do my hair really cute and trying to find the best outfit. I wanted to feel cute again since its not very often since I have had kids that I get to get all gussied up and feel pretty. Again I was so excited!! I was upstairs putting on the finishing touches to my hair when all of a sudden I hear a loud THUD to which I felt the vibration through the house. I then heard my little Aus let out a scream and then a cry! I ran downstairs to find my husband still holding Camden and trying to calm Austin down. I asked what happened right as Aus looked at me with these huge tears in his eyes and a HUGE HUGE HUGE bump on his head with a cut right down the middle of it. Andrew didnt see it happen but he thinks Aus tripped on his blanket (he carries that thing everywhere) and hit a metal corner on our gas fireplace. It looked pretty bad. So we watched it for a bit to see if he needed stitches, but it thankfully wasnt deep enough. He was pretty shaken up. I mean, he hit that corner pretty hard. It shook the house! So it took us a while to calm him down and by that time he wouldnt go to anyone and it would have been an awful time for the babysitter. So I called her and told her what had happened and cancelled. So instead of going on our date we got to stay home with Aus. But I did go to Olive Garden and get take-out. At least I didnt have to cook right?
This pic doesnt even do that bump justice. It was so big!! You can see our olive garden take-out there in the background. He is doing much better today. The bump is almost gone and the scratch looks much better. Poor kid. He is always getting hurt.

2 comments:

Alida B. said...

Aww poor baby!! That must've hurt an awful lot! Hopefully you'll get another shot at that date....just like my blog...sometimes you wish that you could just go on the fly without all the other work it takes to get a babysitter...etc etc. Anyway, I hope it gets better real soon!

Alissa said...

i can't even begin to tell you how many planned dates we've had go sour because of a kid injury...